Associate Family Lawyer
At Dale Streiman Law LLP we put an emphasis on balance. We believe that lawyers should have both a great salary, and a life outside of work including the flexibility to work from home.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Associate Lawyer practicing family law and civil litigation to join our dynamic, well established practice.
What We’re Looking For:
- A Canadian law degree
- Membership in the bar of Ontario
- 5+ years’ experience working as a family lawyer in a small to mid-sized Canadian law firm;
- Must have a demonstrated interest and commitment to family law with 3-5 years’ experience as a civil litigator
- Excellent drafting and writing skills
- A highly motivated team player
- The ability to manage files and clients independently.
Corporte and Real Estate Law Clerk
DALE STREIMAN LAW LLP, an established full-service law firm in downtown Brampton is seeking an ambitious Corporate / Real Estate Law Clerk with 4+ years’ related experience to organize and maintain all corporate files, documents, minute books and independently manage purchase and sale residential real estate and mortgage files from start to finish. This includes drafting of all transaction documents and correspondences with other solicitors through to reporting to clients and lenders.
Corporate Clerk Duties:
- Corporate and commercial transactions including preparation of various agreements including share purchase agreements, power of attorneys, escrow agreements, family trusts agreements
- Review of financial statements
- Preparation of annual minutes and dividend resolutions
- Incorporating companies
- Business Name Registrations
- Preparation of accounts and trust statements
- Duties affiliated with Commissioning and swearing of oaths
- Conduct searches including PPSA, Insolvency, Bank Act, Writs of Execution and Profile Reports
- Attend on lawyers and clients to take instructions, obtain information and report on status
- Organize and maintain all corporate files, documents and minute books
Real Estate Duties:
- Independently manage residential real estate transaction files (i.e. purchase and sale) from start to finish including drafting of all transaction documents and correspondences with other solicitors through to reporting to clients and lenders
- Independently manage mortgage transactions, including drafting of all mortgage documents, correspondences with the solicitors for the lenders and borrowers through to reporting to clients and lenders
- Prepare all closing documents in Teraview/Teranet/Conveyancer
- Order and arrange proper Title Insurance
- Arrange and request all payout statements and tax bills for sale files
- Prepare and calculate final ledgers, determine final amounts due from client from closing on a purchase and amounts due and owing to client on a sale
- Deal with writs and secured interests to enable the closing of transactions
- Deal with appropriate tax authorities
- Prepare reporting letters/accounts to clients and lenders, promptly following completion of files
- Knowledge of government regulations and policies as they relate to real property and the registration of documents.
- 4 + years of related law clerk experience in Ontario is required
- Successful completion of a Law Clerk diploma program
- Proficiency in PC Law, FastCo and OnCorp systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Conveyancer, Teraview, Stewart Title, PcLaw, FCT and MMS systems